St Lucia 6-Bedroom Houses
These are 6-bedroom, 3-bathroom fully-furnished houses offering six single bedrooms. There is one bedroom with a private ensuite bathroom, while the remaining five bedrooms share two bathrooms between them.
Past residents have raved about the value for money, the amount of space the house offers and the convenient location. They’ve also told us they loved living in the St Lucia neighbourhood which is filled with Australians and other international students.
- Located along sought-after Hawken Drive at the edge of the UQ St Lucia campus (pictures of the properties can be seen on our Facebook page here).
- 5-minute walk to campus and the main bus stop in one direction and a 5-minute walk to St Lucia Village in the other direction (where a supermarket, post office and cafes/restaurants are located)
- Short bus ride to Toowong Village, which has a larger mall with departments stores, two supermarkets, specialty shops and the train station to the City and beyond.
- Easy 20-minute bus or ferry ride to the city
Room options are Singles only, with only one share room (two single beds sharing with another student of the same gender or for a couple) available in this house. Please email Semester in Australia if you are coming with a friend and would like to have a Share room.
Some Single rooms also have a private/ensuite bathroom. These rooms are allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis – that is, housing allocations will be made as Semester Housing Fees are paid. Therefore, confirming your place and finalising payment of the Semester Housing Fee early, will better your chance of securing your housing preference.
- Shared larger living and kitchen area
- Outdoor deck or grassed yard for all residents
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge, stovetop and oven, microwave, toaster, and all other items for cooking and eating (i.e. cutlery, crockery, glassware, pots, pans and bakeware etc)
- Laundry facilities are located on the premises (washing machine and clothes line) at no additional cost
- Ceiling fans in each bedroom
- Monthly cleaning service of shared areas, kitchen and bathroom
- Single room, 6-bedroom house: AUD$7,500 (approx USD$5,330) per student, per Semester
- Share room, 6-bedroom house: AUD$5,200 (approx USD$3,690) per student, per Semester (there are only TWO share rooms available. Share rooms have two single beds, sharing with a student of the same gender or for a couple)
* The Semester House Fee is listed per student, per Semester (typically February - end of June, July - end of November. Specific lease dates will be outlined in your confirmation email upon booking).
Brisbane City 5-bedroom Apartments
These are 5-bedroom fully furnished apartments offering five single bedrooms each with private ensuite bathrooms. These apartments are very new and very modern. Past residents absolutely love the location at popular Southbank, with just a five minutes walk to everything you need, from food and shopping to nighttime entertainment. And the best part? You get bonuses by going through Semester in Australia! By going with SiA, our students avoid the wait-list and have a guaranteed room, get upgraded internet (like unlimited internet instead of 100Gb per month), all your linens and kitchen items included (instead of having to purchase separately) and all the services that SiA offers (on-site Resident Director, Arrival Service, Semester activities, etc!).
The entire complex is full of students, so it’s a great way to make friends, meeting students studying at various Brisbane universities.
- Located in popular Southbank, in downtown Brisbane
- 5 minute walk to supermarket, cafes/restaurants, retail shops, cinemas and entertainment
- Easy access to public transport, right next door to the Train
Station and an easy five minute walk to bus transport, and 7 minutes to CityCat Ferry transport
- 15 minute walk to QUT Gardens Point Campus; just a 10 minute bus ride to the University of Queensland St Lucia campus; 30 minute commute to ACU Banyo campus.
Single Rooms only. There are no double/share rooms available with this housing option.
- Single Room with private ensuite bathroom, air conditioning, Single bed, wardrobe, study desk and chair.
- Shared kitchen and living areas
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge, stovetop and oven, microwave,
toaster and all other items for cooking and eating (i.e. cutlery, crockery, glassware, its, pans, bakeware, etc.)
- Internet package: Unlimited internet for SiA students (usually 100Gb per month)
- Common area at Lobby level with a games/tv room, pool table, study conference rooms, computer rooms with free/unlimited wireless internet
- On-site small gymnasium
- Laundry facilities are located on the premises (washer and dryer) at $4 per wash and dry
- Single room, 5-bedroom City Apartment: AUD$8,250 (approx USD$5,860) per student, per Semester.
The Semester is typically February - end of June, July - end of November. Specific lease dates will be outlined in your confirmation email upon booking.
Enjoy great value for money with Semester in Australia
Our accommodation has been designed with international students in mind. To make sure you get the best value for money, we’ve included everything you need and nothing you don’t. Simply pack your suitcase and leave the rest to us.
Kitchen and laundry appliances
Most apartments have a kitchen with everything you could need, including:
- Plates, bowls and cutlery
- glassware and cookware
- Pots and pans
- Oven, stove and microwave
The apartments also feature an internal laundry with a washing machine and dryer (apartments) or clothesline (for houses with a yard), so you don’t need to worry about paying to clean your clothes at a laundromat.
The 5-bedroom City Apartments (Urbanest Southbank) has a communal coin-operated laundry and may not come with all of the kitchen items listed above. For more information, take a look at the 5-bedroom City Apartments features section.
Connection of utilities (water, electricity, and gas) and usage costs are included in your Semester Housing Fee. Semester in Australia will pay utility bills (except telephone) on your behalf. There is a very generous allowance per student. You will not be liable for further utility charges unless in extreme circumstances, in which case you will be notified of excessive bills before you are charged additional fees. This only happens if students leave heating or air conditioning on all day and can be easily avoided.
Unlimited internet connection is included in every apartment. However, you may find that internet connection in Australia may be different to what you’re used to. Internet can be quite slow and is not easily accessible for free in public places.
Phone and Cable TV
Phone and Cable TV are NOT included in the Housing Fee, unless otherwise indicated. In most cases, you will need to arrange your own service. It is simple to set up and instructions can be provided. Some students prefer to purchase a cell phone instead of a normal residential telephone service.
Housing Services Fee
This SiA Service fee is included in the Semester Housing Fee and covers the housing and arrival services, and includes:
- pre-arranging/securing fully-furnished private rental accommodation
- Pre-departure and arrival information service
- Onsite Resident Director services
- Arrivals information and Welcome
- Semester activities and excursions
Connection of utilities (water, electricity and gas) and usage costs are included in your Semester Housing Fee. Semester in Australia will pay utility bills (except telephone) on your behalf. There is a very generous allowance per student. You will not be liable for further utility charges unless in extreme circumstances, in which case you will be notified of excessive bills before you are charged additional fees. This only happens if students leave heating or air conditioning on all day and can be easily avoided.
End of Semester Exit/Vacate Cleaning Fee.
There is a mandatory end-of-semester Vacate/Exit Clean Fee of AUD$200, which is in addition to the Semester Housing Fee. Please note that in Australia, real estate agents/landlords request that a ‘vacate clean’ is conducted at the end of a tenancy, by professional cleaners (including steam cleaning of any carpets and curtains, etc), which will be covered by the SiA Exit/Vacate Cleaning Fee of $200. As long as you remove all personal belongings (including any food or rubbish) at the end of your stay, this is the only exit fee you will incur. Including the Exit Cleaning Fee makes vacating your property an easy process, with no need to coordinate with your fellow housemates (who may have various departure dates) and organise your own professional cleaner or carpet cleaner or incurring any additional costs just when you’re about to return home. With an Exit Cleaning Fee included, your bond will be refunded swiftly and smoothly.
Security Deposit/Bond (to be lodged with appropriate State Rental Authority).
There is a refundable Bond/Security Deposit of AUD$250 in addition to the Semester Housing Fee. The Bond/Security Deposit is required and is in accordance with the Queensland Residential Tenancies Act (RTA). It will be lodged with and held in a separate account by the relevant State’s Rental Authorities. The Security Deposit/Bond is refundable at the end of your tenancy less any excessive/additional cleaning costs (beyond the Exit/Vacate Cleaning Fee) and/or any damages/missing items. Provided you have removed all personal belongings (including food and rubbish) and the housing is left in satisfactory condition and all furnishing items are accounted for and intact, generally speaking, you will receive the Security Deposit/Bond refund within 1-3 weeks after the conclusion of the semester.
All leases are in line with the Australian academic year and run from February to June and July to November. Semester in Australia will provide housing for your entire semester/program at any Australian university. If you require any additional housing, you must request this before you leave for Australia. As extra accommodation is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed, please consider your travel dates carefully.
Secure your home away from home now
To reserve your place at any one of our great student apartments, simply complete these four steps:
1. Choose a room and fill out the Reservation Form
- Review the relevant Australian City accommodation options
- Decide on the type of room and apartment you’d like
- Complete the Reservation Form
2. Pay your Holding Deposit
After we receive your Reservation Form, we’ll send you e-mail to let you know whether the room you want is available. If you are unsuccessful, we’ll keep your application on file for the current semester and try to allocate you an apartment, even if not your first choice. To reserve your chosen room, you should review the ‘fine print and further information’ and decide whether you’d like to hold/secure your room. If you would like to proceed and hold/secure the room, you will then need to pay a AUD$250 Holding Deposit. Once your booking is finalised, this deposit will be deducted from your overall fee. If you cancel your booking, your deposit will not be refunded. Group bookings please note: If you would like to secure an entire apartment or more than one room for yourself and any friends, everyone in the group needs to complete a Reservation Form and pay a Holding Deposit at the same time.
3. Sign and return the Housing Agreement
After we receive your Holding Deposit, we’ll send you a Confirmation Email, a Semester Housing Fee invoice, an SiA Service Agreement and other rental accommodation forms. These forms will need to be completed and returned along with your first Housing Fee payment. The SiA Service Agreement outlines what Semester in Australia provides as part of the housing and service, expectations of students, and payment options, methods and due-dates.
4. Make your first Semester Housing Fee payment
Your first Housing Fee Payment needs to be paid at least 3 weeks before you arrive in Australia. We’ll send you a new invoice with the Holding Deposit deducted and the Security Deposit included. Payment dates and methods will be on the invoice.