Information for Parents
We deliver consistent, quality housing and reliable service, providing support each step of the way
Our Director (link to About Us), originally from Boston, was a study abroad student in Australia and subsequently moved to Australia, managing Study Abroad and Exchange programs for 10 years, before starting Semester in Australia’s accommodation and arrivals service in 2009. Realising there was a gap in services for students who are studying abroad in Australia independently, Semester in Australia provides a comprehensive furnished housing and arrivals service, providing support from pre-departure, arrival and exit.
Here is what you can expect from SiA before and during your son or daughter’s time abroad:
- Pre-departure information from flights, airport reception, working in Australia, banking in Australia and health insurance. We also organise pre-semester excursions so students see iconic cities of Australia, while meeting/bonding with fellow program students with whom they will be sharing their semester.
- SiA’s Staff and Student Resident Directors abroad are committed to delivering high quality student services, and safe, comfortable housing. SiA has on-site coordinators and directors in each Australian city to provide arrivals support and ongoing assistance/guidance to our student tenants.
- SiA places students in accommodations that meet our high standards for quality, safety and convenience. Safety can never be completely guaranteed, but SiA works closely with State and local Councils, and believes that ongoing reviews of our housing facilities and careful, frequent reviews of our health and safety policies mitigate risks.
- SiA sends detailed information and communications to your son or daughter, or their program provider, regarding any changes or important information concerning housing, throughout their study abroad experience, before, during and post-program. We will also communicate with home universities/institutions whenever warranted.
- SiA provides students with contact information for our on-site Australian staff, who are available 24/7 for ongoing support or emergency needs.
- SiA offers a detailed housing orientation and arrival support for each student, helping to settle them in to their housing, local area and university campus. Our program’s activities facilitate introducing students to a wider peer-support network with whom they will be sharing their Semester abroad.
- Both students and their parents can expect support and timely responses whenever they seek out SiA expertise in any situation.
Our locations in Australia